Plantation shutters are available with many different styling options such as materials, louvers size, frame styles, opening styles, and colors.
Plantation shutters are the most popular type of window treatments in South Florida. Their classic look that will always be in style and compliments any room setting and decor.
Easy operation give you full control of the view, privacy, light, noise and air flow into the room.
Hunter Douglas Plantation Shutters
Hunter Douglas offers a wide range of quality shutters made from different materials.
- Heritance collection is made from real hardwood and use dovetail joints with the highest quality craftsmanship in the industry.
Different wood finishes enhance the wood grain look of the shutters, available in many different stains and colors.
- NewStyle Hybrid Shutters are a mixture of wood and modern-day materials, for enhanced durability, provide the stunning look of real wood shutters with a grain-like finish, at a more cost-effective price.
- Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ Shutters are made from a mixture of man-made materials at the highest quality available in the market. They are coated with a special finish that makes it almost impossible to tell the difference between them and real wood painted shutters. These shutters are backed by an industry-exclusive promise that the shutters will not warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor. These waterproof shutters are Ideal for humid environments.
Plantation Shutters Louver Sizes
The most common louver size for plantation shutters is the 3-½”, which is suitable for medium sized windows. For narrow or smaller windows, we recommend the 2-½” sized louvers, and for large windows and sliding doors, the large sized 4-½” is most recommended for enhanced vistas.
Plantation Shutters Tilt Bars
The classic style of tilting the shutter louvers is with a frontal vertical bar, giving them a more colonial look. For a more modern and contemporary look, we offer rear and hidden tilt systems, which are more reliable and allow for an uninterrupted view.
Plantation Shutters Hinging Options:
- Standard hinged panels – Each panel is hinged to the frame, swinging open like a door.
- Bi-fold track configurations – The Bi-fold system allows two or more panels to be hinged to each other, and then stacked to either side like an accordion.
- Bypass track configurations – Bypass track allows the shutters to slide sideways, which is similar to a sliding glass door, with the additional option of sliding with the louvers open or closed.